D3000 JICO Brand Name Aftermarket Shibata Needle for Pickering XSV3000 Cartridge
The original Pickering D3000 needle is obsolete. Even though it looks different, you can alternately use the 881s needle
if above Jico aftermarket is out of stock. Stanton was the "secret" maker of all Pickering product. The Pickering brand name is no longer used. It is now widely known that the Pickering XSV/3000 is actually a Stanton 881 cartridge with interchangeable but different looking needles.• "DEV" =Diamond "Shibata" (quad ready, stereo compatible) tip needle
• for use at 16, 33 or 45 speeds.
• NOT for 78 rpm speed.
• .75 - 1.5 grams tracking pressure.
• Original needle color is usually: BLACK
• Replaces: PICKERING D3000 D1800S (both stereohedron) etc
• Used In: XSV/3000 XSV-3000 XSV3000 XSP/3003 XV1800S etc.
• Equivalent to these other universal replacement #'s: Found in numerous models.
• NOTE: Because this needle is designed for use specifically with Pickering cartridges, it can be found in numerous brands of turntables. In some cases the cartridges for this needle may be original equipment supplied with a new turntable, but was more likely selected at time of sale to complete a turntable sold without a cartridge or later as an upgrade to the original cartridge supplied by the turntable manufacturer. This needle should be matched primarily to the cartridge type not necessarily the turntable.
• (from Stanton Literature) - "Stereohedron Stylus Tip is a patented feature assuring greater bearing radius and more contact area with the groove and gives exceptional frequency response . . . superior protection of high frequency signals in the groove . . . longer record life . . . longer stylus life . . . better tracing ability."
• ASTATIC NEEDLES N873
• ASTATIC NEEDLES N869 N875 N874
• FILDELITONE CARTRIDGES 257E-807 257E807
• FISHER CARTRIDGES GT27015
• PICKERING CARTRIDGES XSV/3000 XV15/1800S XSP/3003 XV1800S
PICKERING NEEDLES D1800S D3000 STEREOHEDRON STEREO HEDRON
RECOTON 257E-909 257E909
• RADIO SHACK NEEDLES RS580 RS588