D81, D81S & MKII JICO Brand Name Aftermarket Shibata Needle for Stanton 881S Cartridge
• Now Shipping Aftermarket Jico Version; Color is Black
• "DEV" = Shibata (quad channel ready) diamond tip
• Moving Magnet
• 16, 33 or 45rpm LP's, NOT for 78rpm
• .75 - 1.5 grams tracking pressure.
• Replaces: STANTON D81 D81S D98S D81SA & D80
• Used In: 980LZS 981LZS 980HZS 981HZS 881S 881SA 880S cartridges
• Original needle color is usually:WHITE
• NOTE: Because this needle is designed for use specifically with STANTON cartridges, it can be found in numerous brands of turntables. In some cases the cartridges for this needle may be original equipment supplied with a new turntable, but was also likely to have been selected at time of sale to complete a turntable sold without a cartridge or later as an upgrade to the original cartridge supplied by the turntable manufacturer. This needle should be matched primarily to the STANTON cartridge type not necessarily the turntable.
• (from Stanton Literature) - "Stereohedron Stylus Tip is a patented feature assuring greater bearing radius and more contact area with the groove and gives exceptional frequency response . . . superior protection of high frequency signals in the groove . . . longer record life . . . longer stylus life . . . better tracing ability."
• ASTATIC NEEDLES N268 N269 N271 N275
• RECOTON 353E-912 353E912
"If you want to track at 1 1/2 grams, and are using the brush, set the tracking force to 2 1/2 grams, and the anti-skating also at 2 1/2 grams after first balancing the tonearm. The brush is self supporting, but needs the additional force applied to offset its weight (which happens to be 1 gram)."