Genuine Dual DN165E made by Ortofon
• "DEG" =Diamond 0.3 x 0.7 mil elliptical tip needle for use at 16, 33 or 45 speeds. NOT for 78 rpm speed.
• 1.2 - 1.7 grams tracking pressure.
• Elliptical needles have more efficient contact with the surface of the record than a conical tip.
• Original needle color is usually: BLACK
• Replaces: DN165E Used In: DUAL ULM65E etc.
• NOTE: Because this needle is designed for use specifically with Ortofon cartridges, it can be found in numerous brands of turntables. In some cases the cartridges for this needle may be original equipment supplied with a new turntable, but was more likely selected at time of sale to complete a turntable sold without a cartridge or later as an upgrade to the original cartridge supplied by the turntable manufacturer. This needle should be matched primarily to the cartridge type not necessarily the turntable.
• DUAL CARTRIDGES ULM65E (ULM = Ultra Low Mass. Has high compliance for ULM tonearms)
• ORTOFON CARTRIDGES TKS65E
• ORTOFON NEEDLES DN165E