Can you guess which one is the new "S.A.S." design?
|Introducing... S.A.S. the Super Analogue Stylus |
...for those who know what music should sound like.
| | Recapturing the purity of true analog music is at the heart of today's LP resurgence. Taken from the drawing board to reality with the best of today's technologies. We confidently endorse this cut of stylus as the ideal solution for owners of Technics cartridges listed below. Believe it or not, the manufacture of needles never stopped. There remains one manufacturer that can make a stylus better than high end Technics without the extra cost of owning an original "out of print" technics stylus as if it were a work of art. Now you can upgrade your high end Technics stylus to "Micro-Ridge" status! The SAS cut is born from the the Shure Micro-Ridge tip design which is widely considered the top of the Shure line and has now be retasked for use in high end Technics cartridges at a reasonable and fair cost. Audiophiles are reporting to us that this SAS diamond cut sounds better than the original MR cut!!
- Compatible with wider and deeper grooves (Micro Groove).
Carefully chosen natural octahedron single-crystals are used for the diamond tip. Can also be used on records with 30-280 micron grooves opposed to the simple conventional 30-80 micron. (NOT for 78rpm use.)
- The secret to accurate regeneration is its thinness and configuration.
Its main attribute is not only the consistency found in the few microns of width and height, but the unique finishing touches that preserve the high precision. We have realized a curvature with a smaller radius that was impossible with the Micro Ridge Stylus.
- Reduce strain and noise caused by needle abrasion.
Outstanding abrasion resistance that does not taper or thicken. Since the curvature radius does not change, the stylus accurately traces without missing any delicate signals. In particular, the accuracy demanded of the curvature radius in the reproduction of the upper register range of the record's inner circumference, demonstrates its capabilities such as its extensive dynamic noise range.
- Polishing technique that significantly reduces damage to the record groove.
We practice an advanced polishing technique used by well known domestic and international cartridge makers. This will preserve the record groove for longer periods.
| Conical || Elliptical || Line Contact || S.A.S.|
| || || |
S.A.S stylus tip
- Natural (not bonded nor man-made) single crystal octahedron diamond tip used for stylus tip.
Boron is used for the cantilever for its large oscillation transmission effect without unwanted harmonics.
Rare Earth Magnets are used for optimal electromagnetic induction.
- The One Point System has been adopted in the pursuit of precise technologies that reproduce all micro vibrations from the stylus tip that prevent distortion when properly aligned.
A piano wire (0.06mm thick) braided core is carefully assembled one by one under a microscope to prevent vibration deviation due to slight misalignment.
- Always use the S.A.S needle at the recommended tracking force settings (1.25±0.25grams). If the stylus pressure is above the recommended range it may ruin or damage the stylus and record and cause poor sound reproduction.
- It is important to clean your records and stylus to protect them from abrasion damage caused by dust and debris that have accumulated on records or that have adhered to the stylus tip.
- Take precautious not to allow anything to come into contact with the stylus that will cause damage.
- To determine when to replace your stylus you should take the various playing conditions into consideration. On average the stylus lasts two or three times longer than the average diamond tip stylus. However, record material quality, tracking force, surface dirt and alignment all play a synergistic role towards stylus longevity.
- As with the original Shure's, if you use the brush guard system, this "lifts" the stylus up with about half a gram so you will need to increase your tracking force setting to 1.75 to achieve about 1.25 grams at the tip.
Replaces or is found in, but not necessarily limited to:
• ASTATIC NEEDLES N1852
• CURTIS MODELS KP420 KP430
• CURTIS CARTRIDGES EPC-P23S EPCP23S
CURTIS NEEDLES EPS-23CS EPS23CS
• EVG NEEDLES 2655 2956D PM2855DE
• FIDELITONE NEEDLES A865 RECOTON SP962D
• ONKYO NEEDLES DN-725ST DN725ST
PANASONIC/TECHNICS MODELS RX-C45 RXC45 SC-A430 SCA430 SC-A450 SCA450
SC-A640 SCA640 SC-A660 SCA660 SC-A810 SCA810 SC-A811 SCA811 SC-A812
SCA812 SC-A813 SCA813 SC-A814 SCA814 SC-A815 SCA815 SC-A816 SCA816
SC-A817 SCA817 SC-A818 SCA818 SC-A819 SCA819 SC-A8110 SCA8110 SC-A8111
SCA8111 SC-A8112 SCA8112 SC-A8113 SCA8113 SC-A8114 SCA8114 SC-A8115
SCA8115 SC-A8116 SCA8116 SC-A8117 SCA8117 SC-A8118 SCA8118 SC-A8119
SCA8119 SC-A8120 SCA8120 SC-A8121 SCA8121 SC-A8122 SCA8122 SC-A8123
SCA8123 SC-A8124 SCA8124 SC-A8125 SCA8125 SC-A8126 SCA8126 SC-A8127
SCA8127 SC-A8128 SCA8128 SC-A8129 SCA8129 SC-A8130 SCA8130 SC-A8131 WARNING: Our ©opyrighted
cross reference data contains proprietary, embedded data patterns. Do
not steal the hard work of Turntable Needles.com SCA8131
SC-A8132 SCA8132 SC-A8133 SCA8133 SC-A8134 SCA8134 SC-A8135 SCA8135
SC-A8136 SCA8136 SC-A8137 SCA8137 SC-A8138 SCA8138 SC-A8139 SCA8139
SC-A8140 SCA8140 SC-A8141 SCA8141 SC-A8142 SCA8142 SC-A8143 SCA8143
SC-A8144 SCA8144 SC-A8145 SCA8145 SC-A8146 SCA8146 SC-A8147 SCA8147
SC-A8148 SCA8148 SC-A8149 SCA8149 SC-A8150 SCA8150 SC-A8151 SCA8151
SC-A8152 SCA8152 SC-A8153 SCA8153 SC-A8154 SCA8154 SC-A8155 SCA8155
SC-A8156 SCA8156 SC-A8157 SCA8157 SC-A8158 SCA8158 SC-A8159 SCA8159
SC-A8160 SCA8160 SC-A8161 SCA8161 SC-A8162 SCA8162 SC-A8163 SCA8163
SC-A8164 SCA8164 SC-A8165 SCA8165 SC-A8166 SCA8166 SC-A8167 SCA8167
SC-A8168 SCA8168 SC-A8169 SCA8169 SC-A8170 SCA8170 SC-D130 SCD130
SC-D310 SCD310 SC-D320 SCD320 SC-D330 SCD330 SC-D340 SCD340 SC-D350
SCD350 SC-R300 SCR300 SC-3620 SC3620 SC-3640 SC3640 SC-3700 SC3700
SC-3740 SC3740 SC-3800 SC3800 SC-3840 SC3840 SE-60 SE60 SL-5 SL5 SL-6
SL6 SL-7 SL7 SL-8 SL8 SL-9 SL9 SL-10 SL10 SL-11 SL11 SL-12 SL12 SL-13
SL13 SL-14 SL14 SL-15 SL15 SL-20A SL20A SL-B10 SLB10 SL-B20 SLB20 SL-B30
SLB30 SL-B100 SLB100 SL-B200 SLB200 SL-B202 SLB202 SL-B260 SLB260
SL-B270 SLB270 SL-B280U SLB280U SL-B300 SLB300 SL-BD22 SLBD22 SL-27 SL27
SL-BD24 SLBD24 SL-BD26 SLBD26 SL-BD27 SLBD27 SL-D4 SLD4 SL-D5 SLD5
SL-D20 SLD20 SL-D212 SLD212 SL-D500 SLD500 SL-DL1 SLDL1 SL-DL5 SLDL5
SL-H201 SLH201 SL-H306 SLH306 SL-H307 SLH307 SL-H308 SLH308 SL-H403
SLH403 SL-L26 SLL26 SL-M1 SLM1 SP-10 SP10 SL-N5 SLN5 SL-N15 SLN15 SL-N25
SLN25 SL-Q1 SLQ1 SL-Q20 WARNING: Our ©opyrighted
cross reference data contains proprietary, embedded data patterns. Do
not steal the hard work of Turntable Needles.com SLQ20 SL-Q30
SLQ30 SL-Q200 SLQ200 SL-Q300 SLQ300 SL-Q312 SLQ312 SL-QL1 SLQL1 SL-QL15
SLQL15 SL-QX200 SLQX200 SL-QX300 SLQX300 SL-V5 SLV5 SC-3500 SC3500
SC-3600 SC3600 SC-3610 SC3610 SL-B500 SLB500
NEEDLES 202 EPS-202 EPS202 EPS-23 EPS23 EPS-23C EPS23C EPS-23CS EPS23CS
EPS-24CS EPS24CS EPS-25CS EPS25CS EPS-25E EPS25E EPS-27CS EPS27CS
EPS-28CS EPS28CS EPS-53CS EPS53CS EPS-P202CB EPSP202CB EPS-24CS EPS24CS P511S EPS-511S EPS-23CS EPS23CS
PANASONIC/TECHNICS CARTRIDGES EPC-202 EPC202 EPC-23 EPC23 EPC-25 EPC25
EPC-P28 EPC28 EPC-P202C EPCP202C EPC-P23S EPCP23S EPC-P53 EPCP53 P-22
P22 P-23 P23 P-24 P24 P-25 P25 P-27 P27 P-28 P28 P-228 P228 P-128 P128
P-53S P53S EPC-P53S EPCP53S EPC-P24S EPCP24S
• YAMAHA CARTRIDGES CG-8300 CG8300 CG-8400 CG8400
• YAMAHA NEEDLES N-8300 N8300 N-8400 N8400