Now shipping Jico Brand .3x.7 Elliptical replacement
Shure N55E Type Stylus for Shure M55 Cartridge
• "DEM" = .2 X .7 Diamond Elliptical tip needle
The JICO brand name aftermarket option, made in JAPAN, is a highly polished bonded diamond.
Genuine JICO brand* 0.3 x 0.7 mil (mid-level) elliptical diamond 1.0 - 2 grams tracking pressure.
OEM Shure N55E 0.2 x 0.7 mil (high end) elliptical diamond 0.75 - 2 grams tracking pressure.
From Shure M55 cartridge owner's manual:
"The lowest tracking force can only be realized if used in fine arms ....such as the Shure-SME Arm."
* JICO color may vary
• Elliptical needles have more efficient contact with the surface of the record than a conical tip.
• Original needle color is usually: YELLOW
• 16, 33 or 45rpm LP's, NOT for 78rpm
• Replaces: N-55E VN2E
• Used In: Shure M55 cartridge
• Can also fit: Shure M55 M80 M98A V15 type I
• NOTE: Because this needle is designed for use specifically with SHURE cartridges, it can be found in numerous brands of turntables. In some cases the cartridges for this needle may be original equipment supplied with a new turntable, but was also likely to have been selected at time of sale to complete a turntable sold without a cartridge or later as an upgrade to the original cartridge supplied by the turntable manufacturer. This needle should be matched primarily to the SHURE cartridge type not necessarily the turntable.
BUYER BEWARE! We
are noticing "cheap" versions of this needle around the internet from
2nd tier vendors who's regular practice is to copy (steal) our
copyrighted descriptions and carefully acquired cross reference data and
sometimes sell an inferior product as if it were the same as ours but
cheaper. We believe this is one such case of many. In our buying
experience around the world, the universal mark manufacturers around the
world have come to adopt to signify that a tip is indeed elliptical, is
a black dot on the aluminum cantilever to differentiate it from the
entry-level conical tip or high end cuts. This black dot supersedes the
color of the plastic grip for the purpose of indicating the tip type.
Since as of this writing Dec. 2010 the dot does not exist in the images
these vendors provide we must conclude they are providing an entry-level
conical tip in an elliptical-colored plastic body. (yellow in this
case). Or, that they are selling an entry level elliptical (0.4 x 0.7
mil, probably unpolished tip) from a manufacturer that does not adhere
to the international "black dot" standard as we call it. An unpolished
diamond tip will have an orange peel appearance under 60x magnification.
Eventually an unpolished tip does become polished......at your expense,
as it is played on your irreplaceable vinyl.
• ASTATIC NEEDLES N655
• FILDELITONE CARTRIDGES 301E-665 301E665
• FIDELITONE NEEDLES A665 A692
• BEMJAMIN MIRACORD MODEL 40A
• RADIO SHACK MODELS 42-2591 422591 42-2592 422592
• RADIO SHACK NEEDLES RS608 RS609
• RECOTON 301E-718 301E718 SP718D
• SHURE NEEDLES N44E N55E
• SHURE CARTRIDGES AMC50E-MB M55E M55EM M80E M80E-SER 24-0044 M44E M44EM M80E Series including private label versions.
• TRANSCRIBER NEEDLES PS608 PS609