Improved Disco Antistat Record Washer - Generation II
Dec 10th, we really did receive them this time, hurry!
for improved value and performance vs. the Spin-Clean Record Washer.
The kit consists of:
• Wash housing with brushes made of goat hair to gently reach down deep.
• !!! New !!! Label seal cup with rubber seal built in.
• !!! New !!! Hand crank for LPs(12 inch), singles (7 inch) and 78RPM (10 inch).
• Same great performing funnel and filter with which the liquid is filtered in the bottle after use.
• Same great performing drying rack with drip tray for 15 records. Stores neatly under main tank housing after use.
SHIPPING: Int'l orders outside the USA, you must select "US Priority Mail Intl LARGE BOX" during checkout.
If you are not sure that a cleaning brush will do the job and don't want to jump up to a $500 or $2000 vacuum cleaning machine then this solution deserves strong consideration. The Disco-Antistat Record Washing System is made in Germany. Due to import hassles, we chose not import the solution! We love providing innovative solutions so let's not risk an alcohol spill at the post office and at the same time save you $20-$65 [at press time] compared to the Spin-Clean Record Washer product by mixing your own solution. Only 4oz or 36oz of solution are included with the other guys. Then another $9.99 for each additional 8oz. OR you can mix your own solution by reading this >>>> Record Cleaning Devices and Fluids
<<<< article. With a trip to your local hardware store you can mix your own expert-sourced solution for far less. Many caution against "rubbing" alcohol because some brands might contain a sort of lanolin grease.
- We include free Priority Mail in USA only.
- We removed the cleaning solution (see above).
- 78rpm (non-vinyl) shellac or lacquer records require alcohol-free cleaning fluid. For shellac or lacquer, alcohol = instant death.
- 78s can be cleaned with a few drops of plain (no additives) Ivory or Ajax dish liquid with distilled water.
- Unlike the other guys, the brushes cannot be swapped out. In the unlikely event that the goat hair brushes wear out, as of the time of this writing (Nov. 2010) the basin alone can be special ordered separately. Rotate the records both clock and counter-clockwise. This prevents the hairs from potentially becoming matted down. (we have not observed this occur in our limited use.) Some have observed the foam in the felt pad of the other guys will collapse or compress.
- Unlike the other guys, the bottom of the basin is free of nooks n crannies to provide trouble-free cleanup.
- The factory set gap between the brushes is proper for normal record thickness. It will be more difficult to rotate a 180 gram record.
- Unlike the other guys, this kit does not have drying cloths because alcohol based solutions with a drying rack can air dry. This avoids possibly introducing cloth particulates back on the record.
- Kit is probably not dishwasher safe!
- For a more detailed write-up on the subject of cleaning records we found this page to be very good.
- Use the Disco-Ansistat Generation II kit in a very well ventilated area.
- Use coffee filters in the provided funnel if you choose to re-use your solution.
- Make your own cleaning solution per above link. (Label and store it carefully/wisely/cautiously.)
- Use only distilled or reverse osmosis water in your solution and for rinsing off the kit when done.
- If you got this far, watch the video above before purchase.