.:BLISS brand Shibata Upgrade for Shure N97HE Needle:.
• Replaces: SHURE N97HE needle
Used In: SHURE M97HE or any M97 series cartridge
Original needle color is usually: BLACK
also found in or replaces:
ASTATIC NEEDLES N968 N965
EVG NEEDLES PM3170DQ
RECOTON 312P-999 312P999
SHURE NEEDLES N97HE N97GD VNSE3HE
SHURE CARTRIDGES M97HE-AH M97HEAH DT50HE M97HE PRESENCE7 RXT4
RADIO SHACK, REALISTIC NEEDLEs RS648 VNSE3HE
• RADIO SHACK, REALISTIC CARTRIDGE V15RS (cat. no. 42-2800)
This shibata tipped needle made by BLISS will transform any compatible cartridge with a lesser-equipped stylus into a high end playback solution capable of exceptionally faithful, clear and true sound reproduction.
"DSH" =Diamond SHIBATA tipped bonded stylus.
16, 33 or 45rpm LPs, NOT for 78rpm
• 0.75 - 1.5 grams tracking pressure.
• stereo and mono ready - quadraphonic system not required to enjoy the near perfect sound reproduction that shibata tipped needles offer.
Shibata needles have maximum contact with the record groove, better than conical, elliptical and hyperelliptical tips.
For any type of quadraphonic (4-channel) record playback, be it of the discrete (CD-4) or matrix (SQ) variety, in addition to this quality shibata stylus, the following components of a complete quad system must all be present and in working order:
- A Cartridge sold originally as being capable of 4-channel playback.
- A Record originally pressed with decodable information for channels 3 and 4 that is still in good condition. A record that is too worn will lose it's ability to provide the high carrier frequency needed for the amp to decode the rear channels even though you may still be able to hear the two primary left and right channels just fine. The record jacket will clearly advertise (brag) about this capability if it is present.
- A receiver or amplifier with the needed circuitry which is still functional. Capacitors and edge-connector connections often fail in these circuits leaving them no longer capable of decoding the rear channels 3 and 4.
- and of course 4 speakers hooked up correctly and situated in the 4 corners of a standard listening room.
• NOTE: Because this needle is designed for use specifically with SHURE cartridges, it can be found in numerous brands of turntables. In some cases the cartridges for this needle may be original equipment supplied with a new turntable, but was also likely to have been selected at time of sale to complete a turntable sold without a cartridge or later as an upgrade to the original cartridge supplied by the turntable manufacturer. This needle should be matched primarily to the SHURE cartridge type not necessarily the turntable.