.:VN45MR Type Shibata Stylus for Shure V15 Type 4:.
PLEASE NOTE: You will receive an 'aftermarket Shibata tipped replacement' NOT MADE BY SHURE!! made in Japan for BLISS. For the most exact modern match to the Shure VN45MR available today see our 772-DSAS needle below in related products.
SHURE VN45MR needle
Used In: V15 type 4 , V15 type IV, V15IV
Original needle color is usually: BLACK
ASTATIC NEEDLES N958 N959
EVG NEEDLES PM3160DE PM3161D PM3162DQ
FIDELITONE NEEDLES A765
RECOTON 311E-910 311E910 311P-999 311P999
SHURE NEEDLES VN45HE
SHURE CARTRIDGES V-15TYPEIV V15TYPEIV V-15TYPEIV-G V15TYPEIVG V-15IV V15IV V-15IV-G V15IVG V15-TYPE-IV V15-TYPE-IV V15TYPEIV VN4G V15IV-G
This shibata tipped needle made by BLISS will transform any compatible cartridge with a lesser-equipped stylus into a high end playback solution capable of exceptionally faithful, clear and true sound reproduction.
"DSH" =Diamond SHIBATA tipped bonded stylus.
16, 33 or 45rpm LPs, NOT for 78rpm
• 0.75 - 1.5 grams tracking pressure.
• stereo and mono ready - quadraphonic system not required to enjoy the near perfect sound reproduction that shibata tipped needles offer.
Shibata needles have maximum contact with the record groove, better than conical, elliptical and hyperelliptical tips.
For any type of quadraphonic (4-channel) record playback, be it of the discrete (CD-4) or matrix (SQ) variety, in addition to this quality shibata stylus, the following components of a complete quad system must all be present and in working order:
- A Cartridge sold originally as being capable of 4-channel playback.
- A Record originally pressed with decodable information for channels 3 and 4 that is still in good condition. A record that is too worn will lose it's ability to provide the high carrier frequency needed for the amp to decode the rear channels even though you may still be able to hear the two primary left and right channels just fine. The record jacket will clearly advertise (brag) about this capability if it is present.
- A receiver or amplifier with the needed circuitry which is still functional. Capacitors and edge-connector connections often fail in these circuits leaving them no longer capable of decoding the rear channels 3 and 4.
- and of course 4 speakers hooked up correctly and situated in the 4 corners of a standard listening room.
• NOTE: Because this needle is designed for use specifically with SHURE cartridges, it can be found in numerous brands of turntables. In some cases the cartridges for this needle may be original equipment supplied with a new turntable, but was also likely to have been selected at time of sale to complete a turntable sold without a cartridge or later as an upgrade to the original cartridge supplied by the turntable manufacturer. This needle should be matched primarily to the SHURE cartridge type not necessarily the turntable.