D680 D65 D6800eee MKII Shibata Type Needle for Stanton 680 Cartridges
Used In: STANTON 678SE E721E 722EE 80XE 81EE 88S 8888SS 88EE 91SS 999SH BOXE HT300 EEE HT400S PRO45 PRO95 SPS/65 SS2D2 STUDIO EEE cartridges
"DEEE" = Stereohedron diamond tip (OBSOLETE, now shipping BLISS shibata tip made in Japan)
- ASTATIC NEEDLES N267
- FIDELITONE NEEDLES A637
- RECOTON 352E-816 352E816 SP616
- STANTON NEEDLES D-65-2 D65-2 D652 D-75S D75S D6800EEE D6800EEEII-S
- RADIO SHACK, REALISTIC NEEDLES RS402
- ASTATIC NEEDLES N272
- Electro Voice PM4216DE
- ANY Stanton cartridge that starts with 680 including 680 series for DJ but this stylus will change a DJ cartridge into a hifi cartridge.
A shibata tip will provide an exceptional fit to the groove of the record. This will translate to longer diamond tip and record life, as well as SUPERior sound fidelity.
This shibata tipped needle made in Japan will transform any cartridge with a lesser-equipped stylus into a high end playback solution capable of exceptionally faithful, clear and true sound reproduction.
Shibata needles have maximum contact with the record groove, better than conical, elliptical and hyperelliptical tips.
For any type of quadraphonic (4-channel) record playback, be it of the discrete (CD-4) or matrix (SQ) variety, in addition to this quality shibata stylus, the following components of a complete quad system must all be present and in working order:
- A Cartridge sold originally as being capable of 4-channel playback.
- A Record originally pressed with decodable information for channels 3 and 4 that is still in good condition. A record that is too worn will lose it's ability to provide the high carrier frequency needed for the amp to decode the rear channels even though you may still be able to hear the two primary left and right channels just fine. The record jacket will clearly advertise (brag) about this capability if it is present.
- A receiver or amplifier with the needed circuitry which is still functional. Capacitors and edge-connector connections often fail in these circuits leaving them no longer capable of decoding the rear channels 3 and 4.
- and of course 4 speakers hooked up correctly and situated in the 4 corners of a standard listening room.
Replaces: D680 D65 Stanton needles
Used In: STANTON 680 series cartridges
Original needle color is usually: BLACK
Elliptical needles have more efficient contact with the surface of the record than a conical tip.
NOTE: Because this needle is designed for use specifically with STANTON cartridges, it can be found in numerous brands of turntables. In some cases the cartridges for this needle may be original equipment supplied with a new turntable, but was also likely to have been selected at time of sale to complete a turntable sold without a cartridge or later as an upgrade to the original cartridge supplied by the turntable manufacturer. This needle should be matched primarily to the STANTON cartridge type not necessarily the turntable.