P-mount to Standard ½" Adaptor
This P-mount (aka universal) bracket allows you to use your beloved P-mount cartridge in a standard ½" mount headshell, allowing you to enjoy the sound of your P-Mount cartridge on numerous tables. Allows fast cartridge swapping for audio comparisons. Also allows you to adjust your P-Mount cartridge for the 1st time.
- Weight as pictured = 1.6 grams.
- Bracket only = Shure Legacy New Old Stock (N.O.S.) not from current production.
- Gold plated sockets are equipped with a micro leaf spring for a secure connection to your cartridge
- All components are non-magnetic
- P-Mount cartridge side screw available as an option - BLISS Needles™
- Includes 2 flat washers - BLISS Needles™
- Includes 2 aluminum hex screws at about 9.6mm long to handle any thickness of headshell - BLISS Needles™
- Includes hex key for a secure connection to your headshell - BLISS Needles™
- Received item N.O.S. bulk. Inspected and packed by BLISS Needles™.
- Compatible with most, not all P-mount cartridges. (see below)
1 year warranty by BLISS
Needles™, a subsidiary of TurntableNeedles.com Inc. warranty limited to replacement of actual item with same or similar or prorated store credit for purchase price. Since this item is
N.O.S., the OEM manufacturer is in no way responsible for its performance or suitability in
Why pay $13 (as of 2/2017) elsewhere for a bracket that includes no headshell mounting hardware? Then, when you need the require mounting screws, they want $10 for a headshell screw kit that is not specifically designed for this bracket, setting you back $23 and who knows if it will fit this bracket. We have tested all components together and our electronics technician has found that it fits properly on several standard mount headshells that meet the SME standard. We include instructions, lightweight aluminum mounting hardware, and have the side screw available as an option so you can choose what you need at a fair price.
Most turntables, do not have the ability to adjust the height of the
tonearm at the rear base were the tonearm mounts to the turntable. Lack
of this adjustment may
not allow proper use of this adaptor on some
decks. This adaptor plus a P-Mount cartridge installed instead of a standard mount cartridge may
be taller than what the turntable expects from a standard mount cartridge. So this may
some cases cause the bottom of your P-Mount cartridge to scrape across
the top of the record while playing. The safest choice is to use
P-Mount cartridges only in turntables designed for P-mount cartridges.
These are usually linear tracking turntables. Also several Technics turntables have a gimble mount tonearm with a P-Mount socket.
Note: Not compatible with Stanton 680EL, L500AL weighted P-Mount DJ cartridges.