Tacky, LP Record Rolling Picker Upper.**
If you want a fun and effective solution to reduce pops and clicks caused by dust and grime, consider this attractive new choice. This clever elastomer roller loses its tacky property when wet, allowing the dust n dirt to rinse away. Once dry again, the tacky feel returns which is what it needs to pull dust n dirt away from your record surface and
in the groove.
Who would pay $140 for a tacky record roller? Almost no one. But with our Tacky™
roller you can get the same functionality as the Nagaoka CL-152 for a fraction of the cost.
- Remove the cellophane plastic protector from around the green roller surface.
- Next just roll it across your record, (not around) in a straight line. No need to press hard, just moderate contact.
- Rinse with clean, cool water. Let dry and re-use indefinitely.
- Easily removes fingerprints.
- Does not leave residue within guidelines below.
- Perfectly safe for all speeds and types of records.
- Not a substitute for a deep cleaning machine.
- Elastomer drum is 3.75 inches wide x 2 inches in diameter.
- Won't transfer dirt to next record unless of course you don't clean it for a really long time.
- The elastomer roller loses its tacky property when wet, allowing the dust n dirt to rinse away.
- Once it dries, the tackiness returns to stop those pops n clicks once again.
- Avoid rolling across the record label area, especially if it's already peeling off.
- You can roll it fast or slow across your record but when you don't roll too fast it gives the elastomer the fraction of a second it needs to fit its form so to speak and reach the upper and middle groove areas where most particles settle, and pull them back out.
- Pressing hard will likely create static electricity in lower humidity conditions.
- Do not expose the elastomer roller to any chemicals other than plain (preferably filtered) cool tap water. Make sure your record is not wet with cleaning agents prior to each use.
- Store out of sunlight and otherwise avoid higher than room temperature exposure.
- Failure to heed these cautions may potentially cause the "space-age" elastomer's properties to change which in turn may cause the roller to irreversibly lose tackiness or increase tackiness to the point of becoming gooey. Always return the protective cellophane to the roller when not in use. If anything more than a microscopic amount of the elastomer roller adheres to the cellophane upon removal at next use, the elastomer may have been compromised. We would recommend replacing the unit in the unlikely event that this occurs so as to avoid getting any elastomer on an LP record.
**90 day warranty is limited to product replacement or store credit only and will not include any other property.
Since this item is not $139.95 like its inspiration, it lacks metal and other static dissipative features. So, we highly recommend that you follow cleaning with a carbon brush below especially if you are in a low humidity room. You would then be ready to play a record cleaned without the use of liquid chemicals. (except the water you would use to rinse off the stop a clicks roller)