MiltyPro Zerostat 3 Antistatic Tool
Effective at neutralizing static charges on virtually any surface without the need of sprays.
- The MiltyPro Zerostat 3 is highly rated for its ability to improve the sound quality of records and CDs by removing static.
- Available in Blue only, as pictured.
- The Zerostat 3 incorporates a unique Piezo Crystal device which generates a positive electrical stream of Ions with a gentle slow squeeze of the trigger, and a negative stream of ions upon slow release of the trigger thus ensuring no electrical charge on the material subjected to the zerostat stream. Constructed from a durable hard plastic, it requires no batteries or refills and is a long lasting alternative to cleaning brushes.
- Excellent for scientific experimentation as well.
- Includes a neon light test device to confirm proper operation
In the laboratory the Milty Pro Zerostat 3 antistatic gun keeps film, glass, plastic ware, and lenses dust and lint free. It also prevents charged particles from flying during weighting or transfer of particles. And the Zerostat gun finds wide use among those who possess and maintain phonograph record collections. We have been surprised to find that the Milty Zerostat 3 is more popular with scientific research laboratories than with LP enthusiasts! We often get orders for 3-10 devices from university and research centers around the world.
Each Milty Pro Zerostat 3 antistatic gun has a 'two cycle' type of operation, when the trigger is squeezed, positive ions are generated and when the trigger is relaxed, negative ions flow. This means that it is possible to induce a charge on a neutral surface using the Zerostat. If the trigger is squeezed and the Zerostat3 is then removed from the surface (before allowing the trigger to return to its original position) a positive charge will be induced. Similarly, pointing the Zerostat3 at the surface only for the release of the trigger will induce a negative charge.
Each squeeze of the trigger results in a discharge, when stated in units of charge, of about 1.5 Coulombs. One can reasonably expect on the order of 50,000 such 'squeeze cycles' during the lifetime of the gun. The Milty Zerostat 3 antistatic gun needs no batteries or electrical supply nor does it contain any radioactive components. It contains a piezoelectric device. Your slow squeezing action creates 1-4 clicks each time you squeeze and release the trigger slowly. This clicking sound is heard when the device produces the ion stream.
The Milty Pro Zerostat 3 antistatic gun is lightweight highly portable and easy to control and handle. Squeeze the trigger slowly. Repeated rapid squeezing may void the 90 day warranty. It is possible to shock yourself if you hold your finger on/in the barrel while squeezing the trigger so keep away from children. The plug pictured contains a neon light that will flicker when the unit makes a clicking sound as you squeeze trigger to verify operation.