Record Stylus Wet Cleaning Kit
- Kit contents: 0.17 Fluid ounces / 5ml of Stylus Cleaning Fluid and a precision stylus cleaning brush with densely packed bristles at a convenient 90° angle.
- Assembled in USA - brush made in Taiwan. New precision dropper bottle dispenses about 100 drops (5ml) - a much improved solution over name brand wet kits that use a nail polish brush approach.
- Can also be used dry for quick touch ups.
1. Inspect the stylus tip for buildup, under magnification if needed. Under 3x to 20x magnification the tip will generally appear sharp (except 78rpm tips). Even a worn tip will look sharp and new to the untrained eye. Under 200x magnification, a worn tip will develop a chisel look.
2. Clean the stylus by adding 1-2 drops of stylus cleaner onto the brush, and gently stroke the stylus from the back of the cartridge to the front. Damage will occur if the stylus tip is cleaned in any other direction.
3. Re-inspect the stylus. Repeat as needed.
Sound degradation from stylus debris can happen to any stylus, regardless of weather it's 10 seconds old or 10 years. A noticeable and sudden distortion or decrease in volume is often the lead symptom if debris is on the stylus tip.
DO NOT DRINK, CONTAINS ALCOHOL. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. IN CASE OF EYE CONTACT, FLUSH WITH WATER, CALL PHYSICIAN.